Reducing workplace absences through promoting hand hygiene, specifically through regular hand washing with anti viral soap, is a proactive and effective approach to minimise the spread of infections.
We have a number of products and solutions for every environment.
Here are some strategies you can implement to encourage hand hygiene and ultimately reduce workplace absences:
1. Education and Awareness:
- Conduct regular training sessions to educate employees about the importance of hand hygiene and proper handwashing techniques.
- Share information about the effectiveness of antiviral soap and its role in preventing infections.
2. Provide Necessary Supplies:
- Ensure that anti viral soap and hand sanitisers are readily available at all workplace washrooms and common areas.
- Provide tissues, no-touch waste bins, and hand drying options (paper towels or air dryers) to promote proper hand hygiene.
3. Promote a Healthy Environment:
- Encourage employees to stay home when they are sick to prevent the spread of illnesses in the workplace.
- Implement flexible work policies such as remote work options to allow employees to work from home when they are unwell, reducing the risk of spreading infections.
4. Regular Reminders:
- Use posters, emails, and internal communication channels to remind employees to wash their hands frequently, especially after coughing or sneezing, using the restroom, or touching common surfaces.
- Consider implementing shift or break reminders for employees to wash their hands.
5. Lead by Example:
- Management and leadership should set an example by practicing good hand hygiene. When employees see their leaders following proper hygiene practices, they are more likely to do the same.
6. Monitor and Reward Compliance:
- Implement a system to monitor hand hygiene compliance. This could include periodic audits or surveys to assess employees' adherence to hand hygiene protocols.
- Consider implementing a reward system to recognize and appreciate departments or individuals with exceptional hand hygiene practices.
7. Regular Maintenance:
- Ensure that handwashing stations are well-maintained, with a constant supply of anti viral hand wash, water, and paper towels.
- Regularly check and refill hand sanitiser dispensers to encourage their use.
8. Address Concerns:
- Address any concerns or misconceptions employees might have about using anti viral soap or hand sanitisers. Provide clear information to alleviate any doubts.
9. Health and Wellness Programs:
- Organize health and wellness programs that educate employees about overall hygiene, healthy habits, and boosting the immune system to prevent illnesses.
10. Feedback Mechanism:
- Establish a feedback mechanism where employees can suggest improvements or report issues related to hand hygiene infrastructure or practices.
By implementing these strategies, you can create a workplace culture that promotes good hand hygiene practices, leading to a reduction in the spread of infections and subsequent workplace absences.
Pasture anti viral hand wash is EN certified to eliminate virus and bacteria in 30 seconds with a 5 log reduction - EN1276, EN14476, EN1499, EN13727, EN12791
Pasture hand sanitiser with conditioners is EN certified - EN1500